The Company: Brighter Mechanical is located in Burnaby and is the leading construction and mechanical contractor in British Columbia. We have been re-piping residential and commercial buildings since 1988 and are broadly recognized as the best at what we do. We have received the Marketplace Excellence Award from the Better Business Bureau and have been named a Top Small Business Employer in Canada and a Top Employer in Canada for Young People. Brighter is founder led, project oriented, growing and entrepreneurial.
The Ideal Candidate: We are looking for an experienced Sales Professional who thrives in a business-to-business sales environment where long term relationship management and being a team player are the keys to success.
The Role: Reporting to the President, the Sales Manager is responsible for the full sales cycle from lead management through contract development and completion; while managing a thriving marketing and customer relationship management program. This position has a business-to-business sales function with a significant sales cycle that requires shepherding, oversight and relationship skills. The role is based in our office in Burnaby, BC and serves customers across the lower mainland
Key responsibilities include:
Accountability and responsibility for the full sales cycle.
- Developing a deep understanding of the re-pipe business
- Prospecting and lead generation from property managers, building owners, engineers and past clients
- Building walkthroughs and quote development
- Presentations to homeowners at Strata meetings and AGM’s
- Presentations to homeowners and residents at information sessions
- Contract development and completion
- Customer relationship management through the entire sales cycle, providing clients with budget, technical and scheduling information
- Stays abreast and current with competitive and market forces/changes and makes adjustments/recommendations as required to maintain competitiveness
- Communication with owners, property managers throughout a contracted project to help resolve issues and share feedback with Brighter staff
Accountability and responsibility for marketing and relationship management.
- Development and ownership of annual marketing program
- Customer events (i.e. golf tournaments, Brighter events)
- Industry association events
- Online presence
- Gifts and giveaways
- Customer focused charitable donations
- Manages current and future customer relationships
- Proactively manages all customer contacts
- Develops and executes an engagement program to maximize sales in the near and long term
- Builds deep and lasting relationships
- Ensures the Operations team is thoroughly briefed on all new contracts and specialized customer needs
- Maintains open communication and shares updates from customers with the Brighter Operations Team as necessary
- Is a member of the leadership team, attends weekly meetings and presents regular updates on the sales function
- On an annual basis, prepares and submits a sales and marketing plan and budget
- Collaborates with other members of the Operations Team
Other duties and tasks as assigned/required
Ideal qualifications include:
- 5-7 years of sales experience ideally in a business-to-business sales environment with a lengthy sales cycle that requires customer “shepherding”
- Enjoys business-to-business sales
- Loves people, will enjoy spending time with customers
- Flexible, willing to pitch in, wear different hats and get the job done
- Knowledge of and experience working in the construction or specialty contracting industry is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills – gets along well with others and is a team player
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive market-based compensation – base + bonus (based on experience and fit for role) and benefits including health, dental and training allowance.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume addressed to Rick Clare, President, ℅ Westcoast People Partners, email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!